Secure Connections, Anytime & Anywhere
The Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) sector faces unique telecommunications challenges and opportunities, which is why the past 20 years have seen increasing cooperation and convergence between these industries. Indeed, banking customers now expect the same kind of mobile, real-time connectivity that they get from their cellular service providers.
Preparing the enterprise architecture to be connected anywhere, anytime, is a priority that no BFSI institution can afford to ignore.
Consider the multiple connection points that must run seamlessly and securely:
- B2C connections linking to individual users through mobile devices, apps, and wearables
- B2B connections linking systems of suppliers and partners
- Bring-your-own-device (BYOD) connections that rely on enterprise mobility to link employees and contractors
- IoT-enabled sensors
Automated Testing Ensures Safety and Reliability
With such strong reliance on network connectivity, mobile devices, websites, and applications, banking institutions must work to ensure excellent network quality of service. Furthermore, banking domain applications remain the most vulnerable to
These twin requirements, reliability and safety, mean that manual testing is no longer an option.
Beyond banking domain application testing, BFSI’s must adopt a rigorous testing protocol that accounts for every aspect of software development, deployment, and maintenance, including the following:
- Functional testing ensures that all the application requirements and specifications are met.
- Performance testing shows whether the system can handle spikes in use, such as those that might occur on a payday or the day before a bank holiday.
- Database testing evaluates data integrity, migration, and rules.
- Usability or user acceptance testing ensures that end users can actually use the product as intended, and with ease.
All of these tests must be completed across different browsers, mobile operating systems, and internet connections. And they must be done every time a change is made, or a new release is planned. With the evolution of telecommunications technology and consumer habits, the number of necessary tests can quickly balloon over time. In many cases, testers can only conduct a handful of tests per day, and that number promises to decline as network complexities increase.
Cutting-edge financial institutions are getting ahead of the game with automated testing. Unlike manual testing, which can be quite time consuming and cumbersome to run multiple times, automated testing is efficient and ideal for repeated test runs. It allows testers to run hundreds of tests per day, so they can move beyond conducting only the most critical tests.
The SEGRON team has years of experience in developing and implementing automated testing for BFSIs. And SEGRON’s Automated Testing Framework (ATF) is a powerful end-to-end test tool that offers exceptional ease of use and ease of implementation. SEGRON ATF was built as a result of our cumulative experience in IT, testing, and telco. It helps clients improve their products and network connectivity, while shortening time to market.